Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Baby Kicks, Sewing Projects, and Novels

First of all...yesterday I was just complaining that I hadn't really felt the baby move yet, or at least not movements where I could clearly say, "that's it!" Well yesterday I was sitting at my desk at work and totally felt her kicking me by my bellybutton! I was so excited, and I didn't want to move or leave my chair or miss a moment of it. So hooray, Tatiana, your bones are getting stronger, and I encourage you to keep moving around and saying hello to me throughout the day. :)

Another hand embroidered onesie for our little girl. I did not crochet that adorable hat, it's from an Etsy seller.


Whenever I get a pattern and I follow it fairly easily I tend to remake the same item a lot. Which would explain why I have the same baby blanket x5 (of course with different fabrics). Lately I've been making the same tote bag... this time around I switched it up and instead of making coordinating fabric handles I used seatbelt material. It proved to be a bit of a struggle though...after a couple bent and broken needles and wasted thread, my mother in law suggested a needle used for sewing denim...the denim needle along with my walking foot (as opposed to a normal sewing foot) worked like a charm (although I did break one of the denim needles, and a shard of the metal came flying at my face, but luckily missed my eyeballs). This is a fun functional tote and it has two pockets inside.







Dog in a bag. ;)

Same tote, different fabric.



Same tote, owl fabric.




Books....

Just finished:
By the same author of 'The Other Boleyn Girl'... Book 1 of 3...not for the faint of heart, has some pretty disturbing stuff in it and the main character is most definitely an ANTI-heroine!

Just started:
Book 2 of 3...not that far into yet, so I'm not sure if the main character will be an anti-heroine like her ancestor in the previous book or a true heroine.


Starting soon:
This is for my book club. I haven't picked it up yet.

No comments: