Dishwasher is running - Check.
Laundry has been started - Check.
On Sundays (sometimes we switch it up and make it Saturdays) we try to always have homemade waffles or pancakes. Today was no exception, and because in 19 1/2 weeks I possibly won't have the time to make so many homemade goodies yesterday was a baking and cooking extravaganza. We had pecan waffles with fresh strawberry sauce today...I needed to use some sorry looking strawberries in my fridge before they went bad, and making the sauce is super easy (I've also made it with blueberries and a blueberry-strawberry combo). I clean and cut up the strawberries, then throw them in a pan with some water and some sugar. Simmer on low-medium, and ta-da it's done,
Yesterday I really over did it, because my back was killing me last night, and I had to climb into bed (even the couch sounded uncomfortable) with a book (we have no TV in the bedroom) a little before 9pm. I started out the morning by making egg salad, eggs and hash for Bjorn, and prepping dinner. The dinner prep included cutting chicken breasts into small pieces and putting them in a homemade marinade of lime juice, orange juice, and spices to make garlic lime fajitas.
I usually forget the exact directions for boiling eggs, so my 1968 Better Homes and Gardens cook book always comes in handy!
Marinating chicken...I forgot to take an after picture of the prepared dinner, but it looked a lot better than this.
We ran some errands, which included stopping at Home Depot so Bjorn could get some closet organization stuff. We live in a house that was built before walk in closets were a standard, so we have what I guess I would consider just normal size closets. The closet in our bedroom is exclusively mine, Bjorn didn't have a chance of fitting one article of clothing or a pair of shoes into it! So he took up a closet in one of the two extra bedrooms. Well the one he chose for his closet is now becoming a nursery. So he had to move his closet to the other extra bedroom. So basically now we have three double decker closets. Basically every closet has white wire shelving that you can also hang clothing on, on top and bottom, so it doubles the hanging space. Bjorn actually has more space now in the other closet.
After we got home I decided to make bread and cookies. Fully knowing that I would have to make dinner too. So after about 5 hours straight in the kitchen we had...oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, herb bread (a basic white bread that I added Italian herbs and spices too), garlic lime fajitas, and cilantro rice (fresh cilantro is the best!). And this is when I could hardly stand anymore and the nerve in my lower back started getting pinched again...which means that not only did my back hurt, but because of the nerve being pinched my hips were killing me and both my upper legs on the outer sides. Lucky it's feeling much better today, and I plan on taking it a bit easier. Especially since during the pregnancy I can't take ibuprofen or my doctor prescribed muscle relaxer.
Both the cookies and bread actually turned out excellent. I feel like the last few times I made cookies and bread there was something not right, so I was really happy this time around. Oh and thank you who ever invented the Kitchen-Aid stand mixer!
Vesper and Tater hanging out in the kitchen waiting for me to drop some cookie dough on the floor.
On Friday we had our 20 week medical ultrasound. And the good news is, everything looks great, Tatiana has a good spine, all four chambers in her heart, etc... I'm really glad we did the non-medical ultrasound though because during this ultrasound she had her head slightly turned towards my back and she had her hands over her eyes. None the less, we still love the shots we got from the ultrasound.
Covering her eyes.
Side profile
Little legs and feet...I love this one. :)
Hands up near her face.
Also on Friday the glass bottles I ordered from Coddlelife arrived. I have picked up glass bottles made by other companies and they always seemed quite heavy, but these ones are not heavy at all! And they are super adorable. You order the glass bottle and silicon covers separately. The cover colors are really pretty. I can't recommend them based on whether or not my baby liked them, but I can recommend based on the fact that they are a very high quality product, and they looked even better in person then in photos on Coddlelife's website.
Alright well I'm off to do laundry (eww) and later watch the Oscars!!...Can't wait. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment