Monday, March 1, 2010

Busy Weekend

I love busy weekends.




Friday night started out by celebrating a friends birthday with dinner and bowling. It was fun because a lot of our friends actually came out for the celebration. By 10:45 Bjorn and I had to bow out though, because I could NOT stop yawning. I was so tired, and exhausted and felt sad to leave early. But honestly, now that I am pregnant and constantly tired, I treasure getting into bed and reading a book before falling asleep earlier than midnight.


Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Saturday was my homemaker day. Hmmm...lets see, I scrubbed the entire kitchen floor on my hands and knees, but not before Bjorn tried to take away the bottle of cleaner I was going to use. I wore a mask to prevent inhaling the stuff. I now still have a very sore back, but dang it, my kitchen floor looks amazing (well as amazing as it can, considering it's linoleum from probably the 90's...oh how I dream of new kitchen floors). I did some laundry, worked on some sewing projects, made a pineapple upside down cake, and dinner. Then Bjorn and I went to see Shutter Island that evening. I'd give a 4 out of 5...it had this creepy loud music in parts that sounded like it was right out of a 1950's thriller movie, which I totally loved. There were some twists I didn't manage to guess, but ever since I saw the previews for this movie months ago I knew who patient "67" was going to be. In the movie Leonardo Dicaprio's characters wife (played by Michelle Williams) wears the cutest c. 1950 dress and locket, so adorable. It made me want to dig out my old locket from childhood and wear it, but alas I could not find it!....

Michelle Williams as Dolores Chanal in Shutter Island

On Sunday I had a lunch date with Sara and Alissa. We went to one of our favorite places, Pizza Luce', which has something for everyone (vegan, vegetarian, and meat lover). I got a pizza to go for Bjorn, his favorite, baked potato pizza...a pizza whose crust is topped with garlic mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon, tomatoes, and broccoli, accompanied with a side of sour cream. Afterward it was so nice out that we decided to window shop along Grand Avenue afterwards. Then we went back to my house where Alissa gave Sara and I hot stone massages. It was awesome! Alissa is also a doula, so hopefully she will be able to attend the birth of Baby 'O' and provide her wisdom and support! Then Bjorn and I spent the evening at his parents house for dinner. With our dogs in tow, that night it made a total of 5 dogs in the house. Tater got kind of sassy to a big male dog he had never met before, he obviously wasn't aware that the other dog could gobble him up in 2 bites.
 

So now the wait until Wednesday night begins when we get another ultrasound....tick tock. I will pass the time tonight by watching the mindless train-wreck of a show, The Bachelor. Who else is going to watch tonight?


<-- Friday night, 19 weeks and 1 day.

No comments: