Monday, April 19, 2010

The Weekend...a condensed version

First off...my house is CLEAN. It's been driving me crazy for weeks and I just haven't had the time to really work on it. Our guest room is no longer a dumping ground for random furniture and junk...there are no longer clumps of Vesper's winter fur coat on the carpet in my house, my bathroom looks sanitary, and I got to sleep on clean fresh bed sheets. So while I was working on all this on Sunday my Dad came over, and as far as Bjorn and I knew he was going to rototill my garden. Well much to my surprise Bjorn and my Dad also put new fencing in my garden, and I have a GATE. I don't have to step over fencing, which was a pain when I wasn't pregnant, and seemed like a danger now that I am pregnant. AMAZING. They spent along time on it and I am very happy girl.





The dogs also had a fabulous day enjoying the sunshine. And no one rolled in poison or pooped in the house this weekend, so kudos to Tater for behaving!



In the middle of the afternoon I took a break to prep dinner...and good thing I did because come 7:30 I was so exhausted and sore from the house overhaul and laundry that I hardly even felt like throwing everything on the grill, but I did...and I felt like I should be having a beer since I was grilling and had just spent the day working hard....but I had skim milk instead.




So that was Sunday...and the rest of the weekend consisted of dinner with Bjorn's family and his mom spoiling me far too much with all my birthday gifts. She always finds such fun things. There were six dogs there for dinner as well, it got a little crazy, but in kind of a comical way...two are fighting, ones trying to get food off the counter, another one is in time out, etc... Saturday I spent the whole day with my mom and aunts who were here from Chicago. We did some shopping which was fun, but my pregnancy is starting to effect my ability to teeter around for 5 hours in platform sandals with the ever so attractive swollen pregnancy feet. We went out to dinner at a great little independently owned Italian place, and finished up the night by playing dominoes.

Baby Update:First of all, holy cow little girl, you are out of control today! She has been kicking, punching, moving, etc... like crazy today! And when I'm sitting she's all up in my ribs...out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw my belly jump, so I decided to sit and watch it for a few minutes... Why yes, I did see it, because it happened again and I clearly saw it. So amazing!

This morning I got a call from a nurse at my OB office. She requested that I come in for another blood pressure reading because it was high at my last pregnancy class (last Wednesday). I immediately started getting anxiety thinking about how I might have high pregnancy blood pressure and end  up having to deliver the baby early, and what if she had to go to intensive care, etc... Well all that worrying doesn't exactly help to lower blood pressure, so then I was freaked out that I was making it high by being freaked out. Long story short, it was a great reading, and my blood pressure is fine. I think it was high last Wednesday because I was running late for our class. The first place I parked I hopped out and headed in the door, then someone told me I couldn't access the part of the hospital I was going to through that door, so then I had to get back in my car, drive to a different lot, and park far away. By the time I got to class I was all anxious, and I'm pretty sure that's why I got such a high reading. Lesson learned: RELAX. There will be plenty of time to freak out after the baby is here. :)

Oh and I almost forgot...here is my birthday present from Bjorn... someone (ahem, me) might have helped him pick it out, but I was still really happy to get it. It's from Capturing Couture ...I had forgotten about it until I took my camera out on Sunday and was pleasantly surprised to see it again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Congratulations on your baby : ) So sweet!

I am visiting this afternoon via your comment at Enjoying the Small things blog. I just love it over there. I always try to visit a few of the commenters because I know that have to be very sweet people : )

Your garden looks awesome. YAY for Dad's that help out! Love your new camera strap. Your husband has EXCELLENT tastes : )