Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reading to your baby in utero......give it a try!

This week we started reading a book to the baby before bed. There's two different ones we've been reading. Both of them are from Bjorn's mom. (Please excuse the low image quality, I just snagged them from Amazon.com)

Baby, I Love You

 

Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go!: A book to be read in Utero

 

Inside the Doctor Seuss book there's some mumbo jumbo about how reading to your baby while in Utero is actually really good, and how there's increased movement from your baby when you do. Well I guess it's not totally mumbo jumbo, because Tatiana has gone crazy each time we've read to her so far. She will start kicking about a minute into reading, and for some reason when we switch from me to Bjorn reading she really goes crazy and kicks me HARD. I'm wondering if it's because when you're reading you are continually talking as opposed to just everyday talking and chit chat. I love that she goes even crazier when Bjorn reads, because she hears my voice on and off all day, and I get to experience her every movement and am basically cuddling her 24/7, and Bjorn doesn't get to experience that. I told Bjorn, "wow she must reeeeaaally love you!" ...and he said, "yeah, or really hate me!" ....naw, I'm pretty sure she really loves him. :)

Baby update: As of today I am officially getting kicked in the ribs. :) That's okay though, because I still love it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

We read the Dr. Seuss book to our little once as well! :)