Maternity Clothes: Yes...and dang they are expensive! If you don't want to buy $200+ maternity jeans, don't even bother going to A Pea in the Pod. I went to the one at the Galleria on Saturday, and immediately the sales girl was all over me, asking my size and grabbing jeans. I asked her how much the jeans she grabbed were, "$220" ...WOW, really? I asked if I could try some that were a bit more affordable, so she grabs some other ones, again I ask how much they are "$110"...SERIOUSLY? Then I asked if they had anything under $100, so we head to the very back of the store where they have some between $60 - $80. She was still all over me asking what sizes I wanted, and finally I told her I just wanted to look on my own. I'm uncomfortable enough with my new size without having someone follow me around constantly asking what size I want in every pair of jeans. I then proceeded to try on about 5 pairs. It was hot in there, plus I'm pregnant so my body temp is increased anyway, and needless to say I left the store sweaty and disgusted. Any of the jeans that looked anywhere near decent were about 5 to 6 inches too long. I can't justify spending $80 unless I really like the fit. So yesterday I went back to Motherhood Maternity (not my favorite store, I don't find too many things in there cute, and anything short sleeved is pretty much cap sleeved, which does
not look good on me) and got some jeans that actually fit right for $29.98.
Stretch Marks: Still praying it doesn't happen. Everything looks good for now...but a lot can happen in the 16 weeks left.
Sleep: Atleast 2, sometimes 3 potty breaks in the middle of the night. My whole body is achy and sore so I haven't been sleeping as well. It's now fairly warm outside too so I either sweat at night or we open a window to let cool air in, but then are constantly woken up by the dogs barking at every little noise they hear outside.
Movement: Yes, yes, and yes! A couple nights this week the kicks/punches were so intense they actually kind of scared me, but I loved it at the same time. I also felt her from the outside for the first time, which is a totally different and weird feeling.
Food Cravings/Aversions: Fruit pie...this craving needs to GO AWAY.
Gender: Pink.Pink.Pink.
Belly Button In or Out: In...and so is the belly ring.
What I Miss: Same things as last week...a nice glass of dry red wine, fitting into normal clothes and feeling cute. And a new one this week, not feeling super achy and sore all the time. Oh and being able to take ibuprofen when my back feels like it's about to go out.
What I am Looking Forward To: Easter weekend. And having tomorrow (Friday) off from work, wooohooo!
Best Moment This Week: So far...making more artwork for Tatiana's room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment