Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Update

First off I will say...stomach flu has hit our house...and I'm petrified...Bjorn has it, Tatiana and I do not. And I hope it stays that way. This morning (after being super sick all day yesterday and last night) he woke up and told me he was going to go to urgent care...I didn't want him driving himself because he was so sick, so luckily my dad drove over and picked him up. Thanks dad! Once he got home I quarantined him to the guest room. Then I ripped all the sheets and blankets off our bed and promptly washed them, then I did a load of all clothing and towels he has used in the past couple days. I also went around the house sanitizing, and he's under strict instruction to only use the downstairs bathroom. I hope his body fights it off soon, it's been really really nasty to him.

We are also dog sitting this weekend. It's the second time Rudy has stayed with us. He fits in pretty well here, and is a very sweet dog. My dogs are kind of indifferent to him...they aren't mean to him and they aren't friendly to him...they're kind of snotty I guess haha. I think they are threatened by having another dog in the house, but luckily everyone gets along well and there's never been any issues.


I have some awesome friends. I was going to hang out with two of my girlfriends last night...then I broke the news to them that the sickness had broken out in our house and it was up to me solely to take care of the baby. Well, no problem I guess...they both came over with wine and magazines and we ordered Chinese food. A super relaxed and perfect evening. Now today we are just taking it easy...Tatiana is actually napping (after fighting it for about 30 minutes), and Bjorn is out like a rock in the guest room. Tonight I plan on watching the SAGs (Screen Actors Guild Awards). I'm somewhat of an award show junkie and I have no shame. So now onto some new Baby T photos...

My baby is out of control...since she can't crawl yet she's taken to rolling all over. I can't even look away for more than a minute anymore because before I know she's jammed herself into a book shelf or half way under the couch.

Disassembling her play gym...



It didn't take her long to roll from the play gym to the DVD collection by the TV...I think she's trying to decide if she wants to watch a season of The Office or How I Met Your Mother.


Yesterday we received Tatiana's amber teething necklace in the mail. Amber is a natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory. When amber is worn on the skin, the warmth of the skin releases trace amounts of healing oils on the skin. Commonly known as "teething jewelry," baltic amber has been a natural and traditional European remedy for teething discomfort for hundreds of years. We got ours from Baltic Amber Teething Necklaces (a great shop, it came very quickly in the mail).


hooded baby...


snacking baby...


model baby...



No comments: