Thursday, February 10, 2011

Salsa Chicken



A lot of ladies I know make salsa chicken in their crock pots. I decided to give it a whirl tonight. Here's my easy recipe I came up with that turned out pretty tasty.

1 - 1.5lbs chicken breast meat cut into 2 - 3" pieces
1 16oz jar salsa
1 4oz can diced green chiles
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 cloves of garlic smashed
fresh cilantro to taste (for us, this is a lot!)

Throw salsa, chiles, cumin, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro in crockpot. Stir well. Throw in chicken. Stir again. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or high for 3 - 4 hours. Serve over rice, and if desired add corn, sour cream, and shredded cheese.

We had a busy day today. After work Tatiana and I went to a business meeting and then we met up with Bjorn at infant class.We also had a fab photo shoot today. Here's a little sneak peek.



1 comment:

some0201 said...

Yum!! That salsa chicken looks so good! I think I will be making that this week sometime. Thanks for the recipe =)