I have a strange baby...when it comes to eating. I'm pretty sure she takes after her daddy, because this mama loves to cook and eat. My child didn't eat for 20 hours. Yup, 20 hours...and she wasn't crying, or screaming, she was smiling and hanging out, and sleeping 10 hours straight last night. She absolutely refused to take the bottle, pushing it out with her tongue and screaming at us. Okay, I get it, you don't want this crap, but aren't you hungry!? She did end up going with me last night, and for the most part she was an absolute doll, flirting and smiling, and behaving. And my oh my there were so many women so eager to give me a break and politely asking, "...could I hold her?" Of course!...good thing I have a sociable baby! She went to bed later than usual since we were out late so she was a bit fussier than usual, but it only took an extra 10 minutes to get her down. I thought for SURE she would wake up in the middle of the night starving, breaking her sleeping through the night routine she's had since she was about a month and a half old. Nope, she slept like a rock for 10 hours.
This morning she woke up sqwaking in her crib...I went in looked down and said "hellooo!" and she smiled. I didn't even have to change her diaper because it was bone dry...because she hadn't consumed anything for 20 hours. She then guzzled down 8 ounces and ate a whole ton of cereal. 2 ounces of formula mixed with 4 tablespoons of a 50/50 mix of rice and oatmeal cereal. She got back at me for the bone dry diaper by making a huge mess in one while I was feeding her. We cleaned up and headed for a bath. I took her temperature after her bath and just as I expected, like the last time she had shots, she had a fever of 100.1. I gave her some tylenol and off she went to daycare. I am missing her today. I love this little girl.
She wanted nothing to do with looking and smiling at the camera during bath time this morning...she was far too intensely obsessed with trying to keep a grip on the red cup while shoving it in her mouth.
And last night...
Mommy is funny to both baby and dad when she sings ridiculous songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment