
Fresh out of the oven...8lbs 2oz, 20.5 inches
Well it's been over three months since I've blogged. I was put on bed rest the last 2 1/2 weeks of my pregnancy. Then one week before my due date I was induced due to my high blood pressure among other complications (horrible pitting edema, a rash, etc...). I was 4cm and 70% when I went in for my induction, lucky me, because that means my body was very favorable for induction. So here's a short version....
At 7am on July 16 we arrived at the hospital after a completely sleepless night...how the heck could I sleep knowing that I was going to meet my baby so soon!? The nurse checked me and started my IV. Then at 8am she started me on a drip of pitocin. I didn't feel any of the contractions even though I was having them. At 9am my doctor arrived and broke my water...then about 30 minutes later, out of no where the pitocin induced contractions hit me like a train...there was no real buildup to them, they came on very strong. I couldn't stop shaking, crying, and eventually screaming. I wasn't allowed to labor out of the bed or really switch positions because of my high blood pressure. When the nurse suggested I get my epidural by about 10am, I was all for it. Getting the epidural was difficult because you have to hold very still and I couldn't stop shaking. By 10:45 I was very relaxed and took a nap, which I really needed since I didn't sleep the night before. About 12:30pm the nurse checked me and I was ready to go! I did some "practice" pushes. And by 1pm my doctor arrived again and after about 45 minutes of pushing Tatiana Antoinette was born at 1:46pm. Before she was all the way out my doctor had to cut her cord because it was wrapped so tightly around her neck that she couldn't unwrap it, Tatiana was not crying when she first came out. I honestly don't remember a lot of it because it went so fast, but Bjorn says the nurses took her and she started crying soon after that.
Giving birth is THE most amazing experience EVER. I can't even think about it without getting teary eyed. We now have an almost 3 month old baby. The first few weeks were crazy and very trying, but I wouldn't give any of it back for anything. Tatiana is a very good baby, we've been very lucky. And now that I've finally gotten used to life the way it is, I have to go back to work tomorrow...boooo! And so once again Tatiana and I will have to make another adjustment. Did I mention that Bjorn is an amazing father? He's so patient with her, and she loves him. So now...onto some photos...
At 7am on July 16 we arrived at the hospital after a completely sleepless night...how the heck could I sleep knowing that I was going to meet my baby so soon!? The nurse checked me and started my IV. Then at 8am she started me on a drip of pitocin. I didn't feel any of the contractions even though I was having them. At 9am my doctor arrived and broke my water...then about 30 minutes later, out of no where the pitocin induced contractions hit me like a train...there was no real buildup to them, they came on very strong. I couldn't stop shaking, crying, and eventually screaming. I wasn't allowed to labor out of the bed or really switch positions because of my high blood pressure. When the nurse suggested I get my epidural by about 10am, I was all for it. Getting the epidural was difficult because you have to hold very still and I couldn't stop shaking. By 10:45 I was very relaxed and took a nap, which I really needed since I didn't sleep the night before. About 12:30pm the nurse checked me and I was ready to go! I did some "practice" pushes. And by 1pm my doctor arrived again and after about 45 minutes of pushing Tatiana Antoinette was born at 1:46pm. Before she was all the way out my doctor had to cut her cord because it was wrapped so tightly around her neck that she couldn't unwrap it, Tatiana was not crying when she first came out. I honestly don't remember a lot of it because it went so fast, but Bjorn says the nurses took her and she started crying soon after that.
Giving birth is THE most amazing experience EVER. I can't even think about it without getting teary eyed. We now have an almost 3 month old baby. The first few weeks were crazy and very trying, but I wouldn't give any of it back for anything. Tatiana is a very good baby, we've been very lucky. And now that I've finally gotten used to life the way it is, I have to go back to work tomorrow...boooo! And so once again Tatiana and I will have to make another adjustment. Did I mention that Bjorn is an amazing father? He's so patient with her, and she loves him. So now...onto some photos...
Daddy helpin' out...
Meeting my daughter
Ready to go home from the hospital.

Meeting the dogs for the first time.

One of her first smiles captured by the camera, a little over a month old here...
And here's what she looks like today at 11 days shy of 3 months old...







2 comments:
She's absolutely gorgeous! How'd she handle getting her ears pierced? Hoping you'll be able to blog more now! :)
I'm so glad you're back! You have a beautiful daughter!
Post a Comment