Christmas Eve

Christmas Day...her onesie says, 'Best Gift Ever.'
And now...a very small sampling of the mountain of gifts Tatiana received.
A teacup and sugar dish from Imperial Porcelain, made in Russia. The porcelain factory was started in 1744 by Empress Elizaveta of Russia. I hope one day she will treasure it as being a gift from her very first Christmas. I also picked it out because Tatiana is named after a Russian princess, and this porcelain line was what the Imperial family used.

For now it will sit on a little shelf in her room.

Next up...a blanket I made her. This is the front, the back is soft minky fabric in a black and white scroll pattern (also seen in two big rectangles in the middle of the front of the blanket).

I had to embroider her name and the event she received the blanket for on it as well. :)

Tatiana received her second handmade quilt from Nana (Bjorn's mom). It is beautiful and one of the fabrics she used in it is also the same fabric I used to make the valance in Tatiana's room.

Tatiana also received a mountain of toys and clothes from Nana and Papa as well as a jumper for our house.

I don't have pictures of what she received from Grandma and Grandpa (my parents). But what they gave Baby T and us is pretty amazing. With the gift card to Babies 'R Us from my parents and cash my brother gave us we should be able to purchase a convertible car seat for Bjorn's car and mine. Tatiana received some clothes and toys from Grandma and Grandpa as well...and best of all a savings account for college and her future already started off with a generous amount of money. We couldn't be more thrilled with everything we received this year for our little family from everyone!
Just to name a few gifts...I got a NookCOLOR from Bjorn and his mom, a big Kitchen Aid food processor from my parents, and a necklace from myself. ;) Oh and I've already polished off 1 1/2 books on my new Nook, and it's great for web browsing too. I call it "iPad lite."
Just to name a few gifts...I got a NookCOLOR from Bjorn and his mom, a big Kitchen Aid food processor from my parents, and a necklace from myself. ;) Oh and I've already polished off 1 1/2 books on my new Nook, and it's great for web browsing too. I call it "iPad lite."

The day after Christmas my parents came over and helped us get A LOT done around the house. Miscellaneous unfinished projects...hanging some stuff in Tatiana's room, finishing removing the headboard from our bedroom wall so I could finish painting, going to Home Depot to help buy and bring home a new snow blower, raking snow off the roof, etc... The next day we headed to Ikea, which was extremely busy...now that our living room is being completely taken over by a big jumper and play gym it was time to find some organization for the miscellaneous toys laying all over.We got exactly what we needed for a very reasonable price.

Already filling up with new toys from Christmas!
Tomorrow Tatiana has a play date with Kaden, the 5 month old son of two of Bjorn's coworkers. So I guess we have a play date too. :)





3 comments:
love the storage idea!!!!! looks great :)
Sounds like you all had a great Christmas! Carter has to try out Tatiana's jumper sometime when he gets a little bigger. I think he would like it, but I want to try it out before buying one. And very exciting about the food processor!! I am using some of my Christmas money to get one, I can't wait!
I LOVE the pink and black quilt! Very nice. Little T is getting so cute!
jessica
Post a Comment