Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Learning the hard way...

So this past memorial day weekend we didn't do anything too spectacular. We had my parents over for dinner one night and then they had us over the next night. On Saturday my Dad and I went shopping for garden stuff, which amounted to a whole lot of walking around in 90 degree weather. Then later that evening we went to a car show (vintage cars!) down where my mom has her antique store. This also amounted to a good amount of walking around. So...I threw my back out, from walking... now I've thrown my back out numerous times but never just from casually walking. This combined with my horrible pelvic pain (apparently my pelvic bones no longer stay together but move apart from each other when I stand or walk in preparation for child birth, it's quite excruciating) has made me feel pretty broken. It hurts to do anything, including walking from my car to the door at work. I'm hoping that my back will at least continue to heal and get better on it's own, because I don't think I can handle 7 more weeks of this back + pelvic pain combination.

I ended up going to the doctor yesterday because I had lots of cramping for 2 days, so they wanted to do a stress test just to make sure I wasn't having any contractions. They said the baby looked fantastic and I was having no contractions....so basically they think it could be my pelvic bones moving around pushing on everything that was the cause of the cramps, joy! I know I need to rest more, but I can't stand just sitting or laying around all evening after work. I definitely won't be going for any long walks, simply because it's too excruciating, but I still have to make dinner, clean the house, do laundry, etc... 50 more days of this...just 50 more days...

Here's some photos from out in our yard this past weekend...



















































































































No comments: