We...have...a...DECK. After 20 months of having a deck frame sitting in our yard and no where to sit out back, we now have a completed deck. I sat outside for a few hours last night on our new furniture on our new deck. Our neighbors were a huuuuge help to Bjorn in helping to get it put back together correctly. Everyone worked really hard and we really appreciate it!
Deck in progress...
All done!
I also got my garden planted this past weekend. That's a lot of work for a pregnant person. I was so sore after 3 1/2 hours of gardening in the hot sun. It took a couple days to completely recover, but I'm glad I no longer have plants in my kitchen!
We also finally have overhead lights in our bedrooms (no more having to turn on three lamps in our bedroom at night and still having a hard time seeing in my closet). There was nothing there before, no wiring hooked up, no hole in the ceiling. This was not as much of a DIY project as the deck though, so we had a true electrician come out and do the work. On Mother's Day Bjorn won a good chunk of change at the casino and so that helped pay for almost half of the electrician bill. It's SO nice to know I won't have to have 2 or more lamps in the baby's room. I can have zero if I want! :)
And now I'm off to be a personal attendant in a friend's wedding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
I love your yard! I wish I had your landscaping skills!
Post a Comment